Thursday, May 25, 2006

I'm going to cry.

Seriously.

I'm sure you're all tired of hearing about the yarn saga. But it continues...

Last Friday I emailed the company I ordered from to ask about my order. No response. I send another email first thing this morning, and I finally get a response late this afternoon.

Apparently they sent me an email on May 11th (the day after I placed the order) to tell me that one of my colors was on backorder. I didn't get the email and it is *still* on backorder.

IF I would have received the email on the 11th, I could have cancelled the order and placed it with a different company. A company which will also do expedited delivery, although it would not have been at such a good price per skein. But I would have had it by the 15th or 16th.

IF they would have responded to my email from Friday with this news (maybe they did and I didn't get that either? What other emails am I not getting?!), I could have done the same thing and had the yarn by Tuesday or yesterday.

NOW if I place an order, I would have to pay $20 for overnight delivery plus the 30% more for the yarn and I wouldn't get the yarn until Tuesday because of the holiday.

I checked the LYS downtown and they have only one skein of one of the colors I wanted (just like they did on May 10th when I placed the order).

I'm really not sure what to do at this point. I had accepted the fact that the present would be late, but I had assumed I would at least be able to start it before the shower occurred. *sob*

No comments: