Friday, August 22, 2008

Weekend Update

I'm not really sure what I'm going to write about. But I opened a window for a new post because I hate going more than a week without saying *something*. Quite honestly, this blog is as much for me as it is for those of you reading out there. I like to be able to go back and remember what things were like, especially during this period when Heather is changing so quickly and life seems to be moving so quickly that I begin to forget what I've accomplished.

Heather is having a language explosion. She still things that we don't understand, but there seem to be new words that we do understand about every day and it is very often that she's repeating the things that we say. "I know", "okay", "there we go", "I'm ready", etc. She will also repeat the last word of our sentence, anticipate words in books that we have read often and just generally surprising us with new words. The best example I can think of is that I repeated the word "tunnel" for Heather a few times while we were at the zoo. She likes walking under it and she repeated it back to me. The surprise was that she said it again a few days later when she and R were driving under an overpass!

Things have definitely calmed down at work. There is still work, but it isn't as hectic as it was. A nice change. I need to find my planning design mojo again. It's just been a long time and I need to relocate my...confidence...I guess. It's a bit hard to describe.

I also have simultaneous urges to finish everything I have on the needles and start about six more projects. I'm hoping for the time to feed my startitis and finishitis while we're on vacation. I've also got a crochet project or two in my sights. Most of the things I really want to make don't seem like beginning projects, so I'll be sure to do a couple of smaller things first.

We've got a playdate tomorrow and I've got a knitting get together on Sunday, so I should go get some sleep...

No comments: