Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I think I found it...

I'll have to see how my gauge works out, but I think I finally found the right sweater pattern for the sweater's worth of hand-painted wool and silk yarn that has been marinating in my stash for 3-4 years. It has just enough variegation that I don't think it works well with a lace or cable pattern, but I haven't been able to find a cardigan pattern (until now) with enough interest for me but not too much for the yarn. A pattern that could flatter my curves, be professional enough for work and be something that I really wanted to make. There are simple cardigan patterns out there that would work, but nothing was really making me as excited as I've always been about the yarn.

The best (?) part is that I don't have to wait until after the pregnancy to make and wear it because it only buttons at the chest. If only I could go home and cast on my gauge swatch RIGHT NOW.

Meet my new friend Amelia.

4 comments:

Anna said...

Okay, but what is the yarn????

Unknown said...

It really is the perfect sweater! But then again, I'm partial to all things Amelia.

Amanda said...

I like! I think it would look great on you too! Can't wait to meet the yarn!

iSuze said...

Wow! Gorgeous sweater! I'm so jealous ... I wish I could do anything with thread beyond cross stitching.