Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Three


My charming, intelligent, strong-willed, independent, sweet, caring, nurturing, independent, stubborn, smart, happy and independent daughter is three years old today. Despite being totally stressed out by this whole snow situation going on (don't get me started), I'm thrilled and proud to be her mom today. Even when she's refusing to nap, asking to have cupcakes for breakfast and requesting her 1,498th viewing of Wall-E, I'm happy to be her mommy. (Or mama, depending on her mood.)

3 years ago at this time I was trying to get the hang of breastfeeding, watching daddy change her diapers, watching her sleep in her incubator and praying for her temperature to go up so she could stop sleeping in there, and waiting for the grandparents to make their first visit.

As I was going to sleep last night I was remembering 3 years ago when it just seemed like a normal Thursday night, until I got up at 2:45am to go to the bathroom...and life would never be the same again. I remember as we were leaving the house thinking that the next time I would be home we'd have a baby.

I don't feel like I can adequately capture what the last three years has meant or all of Heather's wonderful expressions, quirks and traits. I think that is why I write so many random bits here, to try to fill in the whole picture with bits and pieces. I only wish that more people could get to know such a special girl as well as I do.

Here's to another year in the world of Heather!

5 comments:

Emmy said...

awww, Happy Birthday Heather! :) I hope your party goes as planned this weekend.

jen said...

Happy Birthday, Heather!

Cara said...

Holy Moley! THREE! happy (belated) brithday to Heather! and Congrats to you and Rudy for having such a wonderful little girl!

Amy said...

Happy birthday to your big girl! So far, three is my favorite age.

Thanks for stopping by Pretty Babies and saying hi! :)

Life with Pog & FLeC said...

I am so far behind... it is hard to believe Heather is 3. WOW!!