Monday, December 18, 2006

Weekend Excitement

1) My Christmas Laptop arrived on Friday. After some finagaling with the wireless router several hours of copying files from both the windows back-up and my old hard drive, R had it up and running for me on Sunday. (I should add that we were barely home on Saturday, so it really just took Friday evening and Sunday morning to get it set-up.) It's lighter, has a bigger screen with better resolution and much more hard drive space and memory. I'm sure that there are other ways that it is superior, too. I am just happy that I no longer have to go to the basement to check my email, and I "inaugurated" it last night by spending several hours doing last minute online christmas shopping.

2) Saturday we became a 2-car family. We bought a 2006 Jetta in platinum. Tonight I'm taking it back to the dealer to have an iPod adaptor installed, so at least in the new car we won't have to suffer through the unpredictability of the FM transmitter anymore. Should make for pleasant holiday driving. The car also came with 3 free months of XM satellite radio, so we have options. Don't know yet if we will continue the subscription.

3) Saturday night R's aunt hosted a family holiday get together. Unfortunately, not everyone was able to join us, but those of us who attended had a very nice time. We haven't seen enough of R's family since his grandmother passed away a year ago August, and I'm very appreciative that his aunt and her partner have hosted two family get togethers this year for us all.

4) With all of this activity, I didn't have quite the extent of knitting time that I had been expecting. I had all evening Friday, a couple of hours in the middle of Saturday and a few hours in between laundry, errands and online shopping on Sunday. I made good progress, but the christmas knitting is still a little scary. But, I have all but three presents now purchased, and I picked up wrapping paper this morning, so I have faith I can pull through without losing too much sleep. I think once I get the big, secret project finished I will feel much more confident.

1 comment:

LisaBe said...

wow--that's a really exciting weekend!! i'm so jealous :)
been thinking of you lately, as we embark on all sorts of official business now with our architect. hope you and yours are doing well--happy christmas! :)