Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Progress

There is no progress on the full time job front. No job posts to respond to that are decent fits for my skills and interests, and even my recent attempts at networking have gone silent. I'll blame it on the summer and do another round of contacts in a few weeks.

But there is some progress on fibery things. I really enjoy working at the yarn shop, I've had some great experiences teaching and I have some designs in the pipeline. Some will be published by me, two will be published through an independent dyer and three will be published in books! Woot!

In addition to the design work, I'm working on a style sheet and logo for my independent designs, tweaking my class handouts and working on the launch of a separate blog for my design work.

Oh, and knitting samples for teaching. You can see today's work below. One benefit of the hours spent working at the yarn shop beyond the nice people and enjoyable discussion.





Pattern: Aviatrix Baby Hat
(free pattern on ravelry)
Yarn: Claudia Hand Painted Yarns
Color: Donna's Favorite

(Sorry. No links right now. I need to go do dishes and prepare fruit to take to tomorrow's playdate.)

No comments: