Friday, January 06, 2006

Proud and busy

I'm proud because (a) I didn't gain any weight in 2005. Yes, it would be better if I had lost weight, but when you consider that in 2002, 2003, and 2004 I had an average net gain of 10 lbs, I'm pretty happy with staying at the status quo for a year. And (b) we went to the gym once last week and twice (so far) this week. Last night it actually felt good and invigorating, so motivation for the next trip will be easier.

I'm busy at work. A proposal that needs to be mailed on the 13th and we're printing 80% construction documents on the 17th. I foresee some work this weekend unfortunately. But, I'm meeting friends to knit on Sunday, so it's not all bad. :-)

On the knitting front, I'm making the broad street mittens from knitty. There was a bit of trial and error to get them the right size (apparently the designer has big hands), but the first glove is done and I'm onto the second. But I am saving the mitten tops for last. I don't totally understand the directions, so that part will be saved for a "quiet" time when I can be focused.

Oh, and I'm looking for a good cabled vest pattern for a DK/light worsted weight yarn for my next project if anyone knows of one...

No comments: