Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

I'm not posting to list any new years resolutions. I do think there is something nice about the "clean slate" provided by the new year...but I don't need that clean slate to make improvements to my life. I can make those as time and perspective make them clearly the right choice for me.

I will take this opportunity to look back at 2005 and realize that I did too much. This shouldn't really come as a surprise, but somehow it seems so much more obvious in hindsight. It's not that I was doing too many things at once (usually), but more that I had too many things one after another and too many meetings for some of the neighborhood things I was doing. Meetings can be a nice social event, but they can also suck up lots of time. :-)

The List:
Designed set for "Guys & Dolls" - Jan/Feb
Helped friend design her cabin - March/April
Decorating the bedroom - March, April, June, October, November
Strategic Planning for neighborhood community group - Jan thru June
Designed set for "Recent Tragic Events" - June/July
House Tour planning committee - April thru Oct 1

The last three months of the year were filled with knitted baby shower gifts & christmas presents, and finishing up the bedroom (mostly).

It will be interesting to see what 2006 has in store, especially now that I have my compound mitre saw. :-)

No comments: