Monday, March 03, 2008

Quickly

Ummm...let me see if I can be coherent on 4 1/2 hours of sleep. I'm pretty sure there is something about Heather that I have been meaning to post and keep forgetting.
Oh well. I'll remember someday.
I do want to tell you that Heather LOVES pasta. Spaghetti sauce, pesto sauce and mac'n cheese will be eaten enthusiastically. If anyone out there has any great sauce recipes with healthy ingredients (especially with interesting vegetables) I'm all ears.

This weekend I thought it would be nice to let her try out the toddler crayons she got for her birthday. After spending some time banging the little plastic animals together that act as the crayon "grips", she set them aside and focused her attention on the paper. :-)

So industrious and serious!

Since a few people have asked me, here is a little update on my progress and it isn't great. I ended up working rather late on Friday night and spending much of Heather's nap time doing work, too.

So, I dealt with the items in the upstairs hallway. I dealt with half the clutter in the foyer and made a minor dent in the dining room. I did a couple of loads of Heather's laundry and made a quick pass through her clothes to pull out what's too small.

I didn't go to bed as early as I would have liked and was up too late last night working.

I travel for work this week and have other deadlines, so the insanity will continue through most of this week.

And with that, I have to get back to work...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

we have a pasta lover here as well (no surprise really since her parents are carbaholics) so sometimes I'll add the following to tomato sauce: shredded carrots, shredded zucchini, finely chopped spinach, and mushrooms. You could also try spaghetti squash and put whatever kind of sauce you want to on it. I've also put some butternut squash puree in mac and cheese.

DrBabyMamaDrama said...

Yay! I'm glad she liked the crayons.

jen said...

I second the addition of spinach to either tomato or cream sauces. Finn can be pretty picky with the veggies, but he'll totally eat spinach and it's nutritious!

Cara said...

a family member made us mac n cheese from the deceptively delicious cookbook, it had ve ggies in it and let me tell you, it was very very good! it had pureed cauliflower and squash and i couldn't have guessed that was the case :)