Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Shopping & Surprising Socializing

Friday - After work I went to Kaufmanns and shopped for clothes. I haven't really gone clothes shopping in a while. I've gone to a store with a gift certificate and/or bought a few items here and there...but not a grab everything that looks like you might like it and try it on shopping.

I was in desparate need of summer clothes. Now I'm not, thank goodness. I didn't have any shorts that fit properly and only 3-4 shirts that I really liked. Now I have shorts, skorts and several more shirts. Camping and our anniversary trip will be much happier as a result.

Saturday, Rudy had to work in the morning and early afternoon. After getting up slowly, I did some cleaning and laundry around the house. We had an expected visit at 4 from two friends. Tom has been a friend of Rudy's for a long time and his girlfriend Rachel is who owned our kitty Stewart before we did. (as described in previous blog) Well, the four of us went over to the coffee shop in the neighborhood, and while we were chatting we were offered four free tickets to see "Tommy" downtown. It wasn't really on top of our list of things to do, but it seemed wrong to turn down second row seats to a show! Tom and Rachel were not interested, so we ended up going with two other friends that we managed to wrangle at the last moment.

The show was okay. Well executed but not a lot of heart. But it was pretty cool to sit that close, I think the closest I had sat previously was Row M. Afterward we went out for food. With shows at two theaters and a baseball game, downtown was full of people, and quite a variety of them!

In knitting news, I'm more than halfway through the blanket and Ribbon X-back needs to be frogged. It's too big, as expected. I made a gauge mistake, and I just really need to redesign it vertically to fit my odd, short-waisted body. It's only been 2 1/2 weeks on the bus that I've been working on it, so it's not a huge deal. Hopefully I can rewrite the pattern for me before we go camping so I can work on it around the campfire.

Tomorrow I'm going to do a swatch for a felted purse and/or start my first cotton bib. :-)

No comments: