Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Let me add...

I'm still totally aware of how lucky we are. One week of bad sleep after 2 months of good, nearly normal sleep isn't bad at all in the world of having an infant. And keeping up with other moms, we're equally (or more) lucky that we haven't had to deal with reflux or colic or ear infections, etc.

I have a little more perspective this afternoon. It seems that a work problem was causing me more anxiety than I realized, and not only worsened my mood but was also probably the reason I slept so poorly last night while Heather was sleeping. That issue has been resolved and the world is less gloomy. :-)

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Horray for new perspectives! Happy to hear that the clouds have cleared once again. I hope you got a better nights sleep last night!

jen said...

Glad to hear things are looking up! I agree...even on Finn's worst day or night, I know that we're lucky. I know people who've had babies that cried constantly for hours and hours and I can only imagine how difficult that must be.

Nadine said...

I continue to think that even one week of bad sleep can color everything! (At least for me, since I've always jealously guarded my sleep.) And when you add other stressors like work on top of it, I think you're totally justified for feeling frazzled and complainy! Life with babies is hard enough when you ARE sleeping, and when you're not, it's challenging, to say the least!! But you'll get through it. :)

Anna said...

Henry slept last night! He just insists on waking up way too early, but I can't really complain.

If it makes you feel any better, I think Heather has been a much, much better sleeper than Henry was. He never slept through at all until we sleep trained, and at least you know Heather is capable of doing it.

It will get better!