Thursday, October 27, 2005

Control

Not surprisingly, it seems that many of the things recently that make me happy or annoyed have to do with control. Several things that I don't have control over make me annoyed, and I've gotten annoyed with myself for not controlling things I should. :-) That's probably an oversimplification, but that's the first thought that came to mind as I was pondering this blog entry.

I went for a walk yesterday, which made me happy. I didn't today, which was my choice but also caused me to be somewhat annoyed with myself for making the choice. But it was a trade off, because I spent two hours cleaning my desk which gave me a great sense of control and accomplishment. As I result, I felt like I should spend the rest of the day in to get as much done as I could before quitting time. Things are going to get busier. Hopefully not "work lots of overtime" busier...but busier. We will see how it goes. My hope was that cleaning my desk would help me start with a clean slate and make sure that any loose ends are taken care of before I get more overwhelmed with the main project I'm working on.

There are probably more examples of these "control" issues, but I need to get back to Rudy's Halloween costume. :-)

By the way, three years ago today Rudy proposed to me on the Oak Island Beach in North Carolina. Tomorrow is the sixth anniversary of our first official date and Rebecca's birthday. Happy Birthday, Rebecca!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww... BTW I didn't make a big deal out of this since you told me it was OK for me to concentrate on the "real" anniversary :-)

Amy said...

:-)

And you concentrate on the real one so well!