Saturday, February 17, 2007

Strange and amazing

Heather only woke up twice last night. The second time, I woke up 5 minutes before she did - worried that something was wrong. It was surreal that she slept so much overnight, especially after sleeping so much of the evening.

Also, after she ate the second time, she was alert and uninterested in going back to sleep. R was kind enough to take her so I could go back to sleep once more. All told, I got 8 hours of sleep last night!

I have no illusions that this will happen on a regular basis (especially once R goes back to work), but it did feel good. And Stewart appreciated that I didn't disturb him every two hours. :-)

Heather slept quite a bit this afternoon but was pretty alert later in the evening. Who knows what tonight will bring. I don't think there are any discernible patterns yet, so every night is a surprise.

Tomorrow with have a visit with friends to look forward to in the afternoon. Maybe while Heather is being held by others I can grab a few minutes to work on her log cabin blanket!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Thanks for letting us drop in on Sunday! It was so nice to finially meet Heather. She is simply adorable. Update when you can, and most of all get your rest!