Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Or not...

I promise not to bore you all with a play by play of Heather's sleep every night, because as soon as I try to predict it, it changes again.

After 24 hours of eating every two hours and never napping for longer than 30 minutes, Heather slept for 6 hours straight! I put her down at 11:30 after a feeding that took an hour because she kept falling asleep. She wasn't out when I put her down, but she was groggy. I heard some noises at 4:30, but she didn't cry until 5:30am. Incredible!

According to the baby books, sleeping for 6 hours straight is considered "sleeping through the night". If it happens on a more regular basis I'll let you know if it really feels like she's sleeping through the night. Until I'm a little more "caught up" on sleep, it's hard to tell.

But I have no qualms with getting 7 hours of sleep last night *and* I being showered by noon. :-)

Clapotis is going well. I'm in the straight section already, although I didn't do all of the increase sections in the pattern because I have a bigger gauge and I don't want it to be huge.

It's sunny and 55 degrees outside. I might take Heather for a short walk after she eats...maybe to the coffeeshop...we'll see. :-)

No comments: