Thursday, May 11, 2006

Knitting Photo Dump



I'm not taking any more pictures of knitting projects or progress until I get caught up on the photos I've taken already and promised in the past. Above is the orange cabled vest, before I made it narrower and knitted around the armholes and neck. A final picture is still owed to you, my loyal readers. :-) It was based on the Veste Everest pattern from the Fall 2005 Interweave Knits.

On a similar note, the next photo is of a 2/3rds completed clapotis. It's done now, but the only finished photo I have at the moment is from when it was blocking and Nora decided to throw up on it...






Much progress has been made on these socks since this photo was taken. The pattern was inspired by Grumperina. She hasn't posted the pattern, but I was basically able to figure it out from looking at the close-up photos that she had posted previously. The pattern is not as easy to see on the variegated yarn, but it looks better than this photos makes it appear.

I do have to say that the length of sock that I am getting out of this one skein of Cherry Tree Hill yarn is impressive. These are already the longest socks I've ever made, and I still have quite a chunk of yarn in my skein. I'm at the point that I need to add calf shaping, because I don't want the socks to be too tight.



These are the Trekking XXL socks. I love them. There are two more skeins of this brand of yarn waiting in the wings. The yarn is soft but solid, and I just loved the colors and striping of this skein. The four or five times that I had to reknit the second heel to get the striping to match on the two socks was totally worth it. :-)

The purple socks below are made from a superwash wool sock yarn from brown sheep that I haven't seen anywhere since I made this pair. This was my first pair of two-at-a-time toe-up socks on metal needles. I liked the fact that I could make a pair of socks from one fairly short skein and make them as tall as possible. I wasn't so crazy about magic loop, although I will be giving it another chance since I did it with a pair of needles that had a shorter than recommended cord.



Last is the beginning of the fair isle bag from Sally Melville's "Color" book. I've decided that there isn't enough contrast between the variegated Noro yarn and the brown body color. I also think the fabric is too dense to felt well and because of the density, it is puckering in a few places, so I wouldn't like it unfelted either. This will be frogged and I'm going to start over with a darker brown yarn and a needle at least one size bigger.



I feel better now. At least until I take some more photos. ;-)

No comments: