Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Nora the Brave

I'm not really sure how well I slept last night, since I was surrounded by three cats playing "let's make an Amy sandwich" all night. I know I woke up at least once and had to untangle my from Stewart while trying not to disturb Nora at my hips and Effie up by the pillows.

At 6am, there was a noise in my office that woke all 4 of us up. Effie raised her head and then put it back down. Stewart stood up, but stayed on the bed with his eyes glued in the direction of the door. Nora was the brave one, and immediately went to see what was going on. And when I got up to see what had produced the noise, she walked around with me and chatted a little. Stewart did not leave the bed until it was clear that I thought the coast was clear.

I finished the front of Double Scoop (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring06/PATTdoublescoop.html) last night. My first real intarsia project. My first attempt was poor and I didn't totally understand what I was doing. I did a little reading yesterday and got a much better understanding of how it works.

This morning on the bus I bound off the first of the Cherry Tree Hill socks. 11 rounds of ribbing on the second one, and I can bind it off, too. Pictures soon.

No comments: