Tuesday, January 09, 2007

34 weeks

That means that the due date is less than 6 weeks away. Describing how I feel about that with one word is impossible. It's the end of 9 months of waiting, but the beginning of the rest of our life as a family and the beginning of lots of work and joy and challenges and learning and dirty diapers. :-)

I'm wearing my ribbed maternity sweater today. I think it might be one of the best sweaters I've made for myself. After the first blocking, the sleeves were a little long, but today they seem to be just right. Today is the coldest day we've had this year (there was snow in the air this morning and the temp isn't supposed to leave the 30s), so it was a good day for wool. I'm not convinced that this more-convincing winter weather is going to stick around, but it feels appropriate while it lasts.

I didn't work on the mural in the baby's room over the weekend. Instead I worked on the overhaul of my office. Though this might seem like it could wait, I realized that it was important to get that work done in order to have the ability to put my stuff away that has been littering other parts of the house. There is still more to do, but the room is much less scary and most importantly the extra table can come back up there and be removed from the dining room where it will soon be in the way of space needed for baby stuff like the pack'n'play.

I'm working on a Dale of Norway designed fair isle baby hat, and I love it. The ends to weave it will be annoying, but it is so adorable (and warm) that it will be worth it. I think there will be enough Baby Ull left over for more DoN projects, though I think the next will be limited to 2 or 3 colors...instead of 7. :-)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

The hat sounds so wonderful, can't wait to see it. I have yet to jump into fair isle, but I think I am waiting to find the perfect project to inspire me. I think it is good to get the office organized now too- if you wait until Miss M makes her appearance you may never get it done!