Thursday, January 04, 2007

Redecorating

I've finally explored the new template and editing options in the new version of Blogger. The new color scheme is closer to what I wanted all along, but I didn't want to spend the time editing the HTML before. My changes still required a little HTML work to get the image I wanted at the top and not the standard template header. I will probably do some more work on the image at some point and maybe even figure out how to do a continuous band of color behind it. But it's not bad for someone who got her main HTML "training" in 1994...

My back bothered me almost all day yesterday, and therefore I spent the evening on the couch. I began sewing up the sheep bootees (I think it is taking longer to sew up the pieces than it took to knit them - ugh) and we watched more Battlestar Galactica. We're now into Season 2.5 and the ruthlessness and cruelty of Admiral Kane has me astounded. It makes me somewhat glad that we've seen bits and pieces of Season 3, so I know that Commander Adama has to survive somehow...

For the bus this week, I've picked up an old pair of socks that were "finished" but need reworking. I had the yardage to make pretty tall socks (toe-up) and I waited too long to add calf shaping the first time around. So I frogged back to the ankle and am working up the first leg again. It's nice to be making something for me that I don't have to worry whether or not it will fit post-pregnancy. (I don't have the impression that my feet have gotten bigger as a result of the pregnancy, although I should probably put on an old pair of shoes to see for sure.

Tonight is our infant care class. I am surpriseingly excited about it. I think because it is the last big thing we need to "learn" before Baby M joins us, and because I am anxious to see how R responds to it. I'm sure he will be a great Dad, but I'm glad he was interested in going to the class, too. I'm not going to be the only one changing diapers around here!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I was looking into redecorating my page too! Is that a basic Blogger template? I wanted the wider-two column look, and even my semi-nerdy self gave up before making any changes. In any case, it looks lovely and much more "you".

Unknown said...

It's cool that you're blogging about BSG :)

-R