Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Painting

I don't think the mural will be totally done by Saturday, as I had hoped, but it will certainly be far enough along that my guests will be able to get the gist. All that is left to do of the first coat is the dark green around the vines. Then all of the medium and dark green needs a second coat and the light needs a bit of touching up where there is pencil showing.

I'm not going to start the bugs and insects until the rest is done. It was just too hard to see where they should go when the letters and vines were drawn in pencil. I also need to look at my acrylic paint stash and see if I need any colors!

I think I'm going to do a light green background for each insect first, so I won't have to work so hard to get them to show up on the dark green background. I'm also still debating about whether I'm going to add any veining on the vines or just leave them solid.

No comments: