Monday, March 13, 2006

No excuses

I have no good reason for not posting since Wednesday. I think I was so caught up in the euphoria of finally posting some relevant pictures that I gave myself Thursday and Friday off. And I didn't spend much time on my computer this weekend.

I'm trying to cultivate a strong case of "finish-itis" in myself. This would be the antidote to "start-itis", which I've had in full force for years. :-)

1 - Except for buttons, I finished the baby cardigan. I love it. Even R thinks it is cute. I have some leftover Baby Ull (lovely to work with, BTW), so I started a hat on the bus this morning. (I realize that this is another "start" of something...but it is so I can "finish" the present to send it and so I can "finish" off the yarn, so I'm not looking on it as a problem.)

2 - I got caught up on my "special needs" clothing - everything that is hand wash or dry clean only or which has some other special need that prevents it from going in the main laundry baskets. I then, of course, wore a hand wash sweater on Sunday. :-P

3 - Several weeks ago when I rearranged the living room furniture, I also brought out a number of pictures I wanted to hang on the walls. And I set the out around the first floor. This weekend, I got most of them hung. I put in the masonry screws for the largest one and got picture wire yesterday. So it should go up tonight. I also chose some to hang upstairs, and they might go up tonight as well.

4 - I made a template for installing the new hardware for the kitchen cabinets and drawers.

Oh, and on Friday night I went stash diving, to find yarn for my knitting homework. I knew I had a lot of yarn...but I have a LOT of yarn. :-) I reorganized it by fiber content. I'm really going to have to try to come up with a way to use up some of the acrylic. I'm pondering the idea of hosting a charity knitting GTG this spring/summer and letting the attendees use up some of my acrylic stash. There are a number of charities like "Newborns in Need" and "The Dulaan Project" that accept warm clothing donations year round. And I would assume they would prefer machine washable stuff. I tend to lean toward Dulaan because I don't know that enough of my acrylics are soft enough for newborns.

Just a thought that's drifting around.

No comments: